Monday, November 21, 2005

Woman's Intuition

So, it's been 9 months since I've been involved with anyone. My friends, ok me too, were getting excited because I finally met someone that I was somewhat interested in and he seemed to be understanding of my time constraints being that he too was a single parent.

We talk for hours over the phone. Great, we can communicate. (Almost feels like I'm back in college.)

We meet for lunch. Not so great, the voice and the face don't match up, but I pull it off and laugh at his jokes and we have a pretty good lunch date. One friend says I'm being shallow, but that's like the pot calling the kettle black coming from him.

Ok, maybe I am being a little bit shallow...So we set a second date just to be sure.

Everything is going well. He's excited. I'm excited. I call him an hour before the date to get directions. He's still straightening up. Good, I hate going to a man's home and feeling like I don't want to sit down anywhere let alone use the bathroom.

Ten minutes before I am about to walk out of the door, he calls me to say he has been called in to work. WTF!!! You aren't a doctor. Ok, calm down. I know in the computer world things happen, plans get changed. That's cool. Call me when you're done and maybe we can still salvage the date. In the meantime, I will not be sitting at home wasting a free night of babysitting. Call up the girls, I'm in for the night's events.

I don't hear from What's his name until 6:55am and it's a text message. Apparently, he's just getting in from work. 12 hours. That's impressive. He's going to get some rest and we will talk later. Well, he must still be resting because outside of a quick email, I haven't heard a damn thing. Everything inside me is screaming "HE'S MARRIED! And he got caught trying to play single or came real close to being caught."

Whether he is or not is really of no consequence at this point. The issue I have is the same as always, the inconsideration and disrespect for another person. Is it so hard to pick up a phone, send some flowers, drop a text message and offer up an apology or an explanation? I could easily shake this off as just him, but I keep hearing time and time again from girlfriends that they face the same crap just in a different form. What is up with men? Were we, females, the only ones taught how to act right as children and so now as adults can act right?? I will surely not raise my son to become another one of the pack. He will stand out because he will show respect to women and he will be considerate of other's time, and most of all, he will know that not calling is not the answer. That only infuriates a woman.

No comments: