Thursday, December 01, 2005

Situations

1. Exactly how long should you wait to receive a "Thank You" when you deliver a birthday gift to someone before calling them to say, "I just wanted to know if you were enjoying your gift".

2. I have a friend, who for all appearances, is quite successful. I've been knowing this person for almost three years now and I have yet to hear them say that life is good. It's always my life is shit. I'm just trying to figure out what is it that they are searching for that keeps them feeling this way. Well, I guess that's not for me to figure out but for them to figure out. I only hope that I don't become the person that is never satisfied. Right now, I go through these 3-4 year spurts where everything is good and then I get restless and I go back to school or have a child, right now I'm thinking of going back to school or entering a training certification program. Am I looking at my future when I look at my friend??

3. My sister, I love her dearly, but I want her to get out of this f'ed up situation that she is choosing to stay in for "fear of failure". She has been separated for the 2/3 of her marriage. Her "husband" lives with another woman and she dates other men. She wanted to refinance her house, but where she lives your husband has to also sign regardless of the fact that he has NEVER lived in the house. Well, fool decided to use that as a bargaining tool and unless my sister dropped the child support case, he was not going to sign the papers. So what happened, she lost the refinancing and the money she paid to have the house appraised. And she still doesn't have any child support money. Damn.

4. BD2 is calling me with all kinds of attitude because the income withholding order did not specify "how" the money should be deducted from his check. So now he wants me to call over the world to find out how it will be done. I just don't understand why it is men look to us to carry the load all of the damn time. This is a pattern with him that is really annoying particularly because he's someone who is always trying to tell everybody else how to handle their business.

Men are such interesting creatures. They present one way and then flip it on you later. They want to pound their chest and show off their "manhood", but then they are looking to the woman to handle everything. They plant their seed and have children that they like to parade around in front of their families as if to say "look what I did", but then behind closed doors they don't really want to take care of them. I just don't understand it!

1 comment:

Eva said...

I know one and two are quite different from 3 and 4, but they are all situations.