Saturday, February 14, 2009

The misAdventures of a Dating Single Mom

I agonized for about an hour over whether or not I would mail him the Valentine’s Day card. I wanted to redo what I had written. Would he think it was too much? Should I have put it in the back, so it was less busy? I thought it was light and in character with our relationship, but I didn’t know how he would take it? Did it look too juvenile? Maybe I should have picked a more sophisticated card. But that was exactly what I didn’t want, the mushy “you make me better/ complete me/ I love you” type of card. So why am I tripping over this card? Maybe because in the five years that we have known each other, I’ve never given him a card and he’s never given me one. We did just recently give each other gifts, another “new” aspect to this whole thing. Maybe I should just go back to the store and buy the same card and leave out the Nikki Giovanni poem? After thinking about it another few minutes, I flipped the card over and realized I had spent almost $5 on the card. What?!? Not the usual 99 cents. He would receive it as is. In the end, I was tripping for nothing. He sent me a message thanking me for the card in a way that only he could. The card was a fit after all. So why was I trippin’?

No comments: