Monday, March 30, 2009

Love Expression – Actions Speak Louder Than Words

I have been having ongoing discussions with my sisters and sisterfriends about love and how men express their love. (That’s what reading Steve Harvey’s book will get you.) I seem to be in the minority with my friends/sisters in that I am not as hung up on the man saying “I love you” as much as I am with him showing his love for me in various ways, conversely, they would like to hear the words. This may all have to do with one’s perspective and experiences. I have had all too many a man tell me he loved me and profess his undying love for me, yet his actions didn’t quite add up to that love he kept telling me he felt for me. Therefore, I would prefer the action over the words. That’s not to say I wouldn’t want my man to tell me he loves me, of course I would, but I also want all that comes with loving someone. I want the honesty, the communication, the commitment, the protection, the gifts, and I want someone who will provide for me. I want all of it. Someone once told me that I couldn’t have everything. I believe that with the right man, I can have everything and then some.

No comments: