Tuesday, July 05, 2005

And Now...

I have received a call from BD2 letting me know that he is dropping my daughter off at day care. OK, I'm thinking why is this news, I mean besides the fact that is well after 12pm? It seems that once again he's picking and choosing when he wants to be a daddy. For months we have been discussing summer visitation. He wanted 4 weeks, I was only willing to give him 2 weeks. Eventually, I gave in to the 4 weeks, even had the lawyer change the paperwork against his counsel. BD2 and I decided that since his reunion kicked off July that would be the month Ayan would spend with him. Now, that July is here this negro has amnesia. He doesn't remember us agreeing on July and he hasn't "prepared" for her stay. But he does remember that I would not agree with her staying with him from May (when he wanted to pull her out of her present day care) until I moved at the end of this month. If you can't keep her for one month, how the hell would you have kept her for two?

I wish I could pick and choose the days I wanted to be a mommy:

  • Nope, sorry kiddies, you have to feed and clothe yourselves, Mommy doesn't feel like working.

  • Uhm sorry, I'm not prepared for you this month, do you think you can find somewhere else to be?

  • Gee, I'm such a busy person, I have no time for you child, can you go entertain yourself somewhere away from Mommy?

  • I'm still in my prime and should be dating, I can't have children on my arm, not to mention carseats and diapers in my car tarnishing my rep. Here's some money for day care kiddies, I'll be back when I'm through being the PLAYA PLAYA and ready for someone to take care of my old ass.


I'm DONE. There's no winning here, so I'm just going to have to let that rolling stone roll.

I once read somewhere that the thing we try most not to be like, we become. Some of these "daddies" trying so hard not to be like theirs might want to take heed.

1 comment:

Eva said...

So so true.

To the Sacred Sisterhood!

And just to be clear for those watching, birthing a baby doesn't make you a momma either, but when you handling your business like the women who have gone before me and the ones that are doing it now, Alicia, Nemebabe, QueenT, Caramel, K, T and so many others, then you are entered into the Sisterhood.