Friday, July 15, 2005

Must Be Nice

Hello great people. I have started a new study at work (leading to my escape from Debulon!!!) and the move from one side of town to the other is almost here! Add it all together and that means less computer time for me, not that I use the computer at home anyway, I just wanted to put that out there. Anywho, it all means I have less time to blog and read your blogs. I was suffering through the last two days. I even had someone go to my comments and read them for me. Sad, sad I know, but I'm hooked. This from the girl that fought tooth and nail back in the day to save my typewriter. "I don't need no stinking computer!" All seems like another lifetime right about now.
*****************************
A friend of mine sent me an IM that he and his woman would be having (clears throat, no pun intended) fun tonight. I HATE YOU PEOPLE WITH AT HOME PU$$Y and D*CK. It must be nice to know you going home to something or to roll over to something! That’s ok, I have my chocolate, my Absolute and whatever, my Dynamic Booty V video and an array of toys. I’ll be having fun too dammit.
*****************************
But anyway, Da Professa (see link in the sidebar, yes it’s lazy, but it’s lazy of you to think I have to do everything for you) asked a question of folks (in general, right?) to take a look at themselves in the mirror. I really appreciated that posting because there was a time when I couldn’t do that and when I did, I wasn’t happy with what I saw. NOW, I’m finally shaking off the “victim” layer, I’m coming out from an 8 year cloud of grief and I’m embracing adulthood and taking a good long look at my finances and making some adjustments. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. I’m modeling good behaviors for my children and I’m conquering issues (puberty, sex, money, etc.) that are normally taboo in the family, particularly the black family. I don’t want my children starting out behind the eight ball. I love my mother and I know she did what she knew best to do and now, I’m building on the foundation she laid for us. My father taught us a thing or two as well, and I have finally come to closure and forgiveness where he's concerned. I can even embrace those parts of me that are him. When I look in the mirror these days, I love what I see (I’m learning to love my booty) and it feels good.

4 comments:

Da Professa said...

If BD2 comes a calling because you sent him my blog there is going to be T R O U B L E young lady. As long as I have known you woman, I have never understood how a skinny girl can be so combative.

:-)

Da Professa said...

PS: "Dynamic Booty V" is the SHIZNIT!!

Eva said...

Thanks for giving me publishing rights, but I didn't send it. We actually ended up fighting some more on Saturday morning which ended in him telling me (us) to have a nice life, so that's that.

...Comes from growing up in MIA where fighting was a pass time and in my immediate family, (well my sisters anyway), you can't be considered my father's child if you don't have "fight" in you. (At least that's what I've come to believe.)

Eva said...

Big Rod, the priest has taken a back seat. I may need you for an out of town job though.