Tuesday, July 12, 2005

You Can’t Please Everyone

I am giving you fair warning, this blog is all over the place just like my thoughts.

I called around yesterday checking on family and friends who had the unfortunate pleasure of being in the path of Dennis. Everyone was relatively ok. One friend had a tree come through her den, but she was taking it all in stride. The last call I made to my uncle and his family. They live about an hour away and are on the GA/AL line. Turns out the other family members I couldn’t reach (including the sister that was suppose to have my kids this summer) had been hiding out at their house to escape the wind and rain in lower AL. They had been there since Friday and yet no one picked up the phone to call. I don’t know why it surprises me, they don’t call any other time, they don’t send invitations to weddings (and then get mad when you don’t show, I guess I’m psychic) and they don’t give you information about family gatherings until the last minute. Let me step back, I can’t lump my uncle into that because he has invited us to several events, unfortunately the last two I was unable to attend.

We were once a tight knit family, or so I thought. Then my mom died and people started seeing dollar signs and pirate’s hidden treasures and it all changed. Without really getting into all the ridiculous details, people’s feelings were hurt and things went said but not to the right people and eight years later, there’s a strain. That thought I was having of my feelings being overlooked and what not, it was here, in this place, in this family. Although none of my older siblings (with the exception of Big Brother) stepped up to the plate to handle business after our mother’s death, they all have their hands out now that I’m finally able to close the estate. Every time I speak to someone in my family the conversation always goes back to, “Have you sold the house yet? How much did you get?” None of your gosh darn business muffukkers!!!! I spent the last 7 years struggling and sacrificing for the cause not you. *Sigh* I need to go back to my little island and let them be them.

***********************************

I received some comments on yesterday’s blog that have caused me to think, must be why my head is hurting now. Ya’ll know I don’t like to use the brain power if I don’t have to; I come to work to relax! I have to take a step back out of Eva’s reality play world and realize that everyone doesn’t see things the way I do because we all come from different backgrounds and have had different experiences and influences. SO just because Eva sees the day when we (me, BD and Wifey) can all come together and hold hands all the while singing Negro Spirituals doesn’t mean that’s going to happen. So, I will go back to analyzing the data so that the results show some other reality, collect more data and synthesize that into something we can all live with happily ever after.

************************************

Some of the most judgmental people are the one’s who think they are the least judgmental. You know who they are. They are your friend and mine. They offer advice tempered with little insults on your imperfect character, never taking time to notice how you’ve grown. They base their comments on the IMAGE of You that they have formed in their own head. Protest all you want, but it will do no good. You can’t tell them who you are. You can’t show them who you are. They know you better than you know yourself. It’s a dead end conversation; just let them have their say and then change the subject.

3 comments:

CC said...

I think I know where this one is going. Sorry, if I offended you. I just tend to speak my mind. However, I don't think this one was ment for me. LOL You still cool with me.

Eva said...

Carmel: Twas not you I was referring to, my "friends" know who they are. As a matter of fact, I do believe one wrote something in response, but we go back and forth like that anyway.

To everyone else, thanks for the support. I am wrapping up things with the estate and those who have been there for me through all of the mess will be rewarded.

Eva said...

Neme, I couldn't spell it either, that's why I just wrote "Negro Spirituals". LOL