Thursday, June 23, 2005

Oooh Darryl

A girlfriend and I have come up with a saying for people that do stupid stuff aptly named after someone who shall remain faceless. We decided it would be good to keep a list and at the end of the year host the Darryl awards for the dumbest of the dumb, so from time to time I will be posting the "Ooh Darryl Moments" and you can vote on the deserving one and please feel free to add to the list. The list generated will drive the categories for the award ceremony.

June 23, 2005

• I’m sure you all have heard the story by now, but, Reuben Houston gets an “Ooh Darryl” nod. You can read about his folly here Houston.

• My dear sister L, had a friend of hers come to the reunion with her. She waited until we were probably an hour away from Grandmother’s to turn them around and have them go back. Why? No one really knows but her. When they left, she then got them lost on the way back to I-95S so they did not make it back to Miami until 3:30am. We left SC at 12:30pm.

• I’m debating adding this one because it may incriminate the messenger, but what the hell. So the “Ooh Darryl” moment comes in when someone proceeds to leave a post on my page. If I offended your feminine sensibilities so much those three years ago, why go through the trouble of “researching” who I am and then leaving a post on my blog page so I know you were here. Is it about the attention and it matters not where it comes from or are you now ready to go there? (To clarify, it's a question, not a hit.)

• I almost forgot about this one, until a friend of mine just reminded me. Tiy-E Muhammad. The article in the AJC really did read like a jilted lover venting, but Bruh come on, your explanations on the radio just didn’t cut it. Who really gets their PhD in Psychology from an unaccredited university let alone one online?? I get those emails all of the time, but you can best believe I’m not wasting my time, energy and money on a piece of paper that can’t hold water. And no, it’s not just about trying to knock a brother down, but when you put yourself out there as a Dr., author and authority/expert best believe someone is going to look into your credentials. Better have your house in order when they come snooping.



I will be adding to the list as the moments occur...

No comments: