Friday, June 03, 2005

The Shoes That Got Away

I'm doing much better today, found something else to occupy my mind and time. My sistergirlfriend and children's godmother will be moving to Denver shortly. We have been friends since I was in 10th grade and she has been there for me like one of my kinfolk since my mother died eight years ago. So, to show just a token of my appreciation and to have some friend-girl time, I booked us a room on the executive level at the Westin. They were suppose to have a Spa according to the corporate website, but that was a lie. ANTYWHO, we amused ourselves with all of the free snacks and drinks. I did get a little pissed that she stayed on her cell so much. Do all married people call each other upwards 10 times a day?? Just asking.

Anywho, girlfriend is a shop-a-holic. Are there any support groups in Denver? Ya'll will know when she gets there because there will be a spike in the economy. (I love you though!) I digress, we went shopping for HOURS on her last day here, very uncharacteristic for me, but I actually did most of the buying. Now, I have two outfits with no shoes or purse to go with them. Also, I was unable to get these shoes I've been eyeing for a few weeks but didn't go get right away because I hate to take the kids shopping. Apparently, every damn store from here to Birmingham has sold out of these Montego Bay Beaded slip ons in my size. I can't even get the shoes in my size online (my favorite way to window shop). So after that defeat, I turned my sites to finding shoes/purse for the outfits I just bought and finding some replacement shoes for another pair that I have.

That's a whole 'nother story. In hmmmm 1996, I bought these black sandals with the toe out and strap around the ankle, just as cute as they could be. Needless to say I wore them to their death, BUT low and behold I found another pair, same design, just a taller wedge heel. Well, I did it again, but I think they might be repairable. We'll see what the doctor says next week. After that I bought a pair of dress shoes in the same "family", taller heel. Love my 3 inches or more, but only in shoe heels! Right ladies. LOL, Whew, I make myself laugh. Anyway, I found some shoes to fit into the family, but I think I will branch out from black and go with Taupe. I'll probably be able to wear them with both outfits. So my day has been filled with an ongoing relay race of procrastination. I have got to get focused on this report, but kind of hard to do with sex on the brain. But the overall moral of the story, for me anyway, stop procrastinating and second guessing myself! That's why I didn't get the shoes I wanted and that will be why if I don't have this report in on time my boss will have something to go to HR with to use against me. And that's why I sent that stupid text message.

Never knew shoes could reveal so much. (They do, read closer.)

No comments: